Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Icon Woman: Angela Ahrendts

I am utterly impressed with Angela Ahrendts, who recently left Burberry to work at Apple as the new Senior Vice President of Retail.

(source)
She actually reminds me a bit of myself; I guess that's why I'm so intrigued by her story. She loved design and decided to study it in college, but she realised she wasn't quite as creative as she thought. Luckily she didn't give up, much because of a professor that gave her a hint that she should look into merchandising/marketing since she was good at critiquing her classmates.

But above all, the way that she has stuck to her family values in the difficult fashion powerhouse industry is inspiring. Though a bit unbelievable since she does mention that she worked crazy hours at the beginning of her career... so I guess it happens to the best of us. :)

I highly recommend watching these short videos clips from a MAKERS interview with Angela. Unfortunately the embedding doesn't work, so click through the below link to see it!

http://www.makers.com/angela-ahrendts

No comments:

Post a Comment