Monday, February 24, 2014

[Monday Models] Ieva Laguna

That's right, folks. A new series for you! Don't contain your excitement, leave me a comment to tell me how much you loveeee Street Art Sundays and now - Monday Models! Woo hoo

There are just too many good models to leave them for just a few weeks of the year (Fashion Weeks). I plan to highlight a new model every Monday from now until I run out of models to talk about. :)

I know the fashion and modelling industries get a bad rap for being materialistic, focused on consumerism, anorexia, underpaid seamstresses overseas, etc. My other blog focuses more on these human rights and societal issues (of which I don't support any!).

So I encourage you to see through my eyes with these fashion and modelling posts. I'm on a hunt for beauty, aesthetic and design in this little space of the internet world. For me, looking at these pictures gives me inspiration and delight, to see something made beautifully for a woman's exquisite body. Can we please celebrate that?!

Anorexic women are not attractive. Cheaply made clothes are not pretty.

I will steer clear of both, though please understand that I am not going to research every clothing line that I blog about to be sure that they are environmentally conscious and good to their workers all the way down to the factories where their thread is made...

Also, runway models are skinny. It's the nature of the beast. I know a lot of people like to say that skinny girls are automatically anorexic, but please refrain from this generalized stereotype because it's NOT true. I will only post models who I believe to be healthy and beautiful, but I am not going to research their health histories...

Onto the first edition of Monday Models!




Ieva Laguna is a blonde beauty from Latvia. Yes, that little country bordering Estonia, Lithuania and Russia in eastern Europe. Are you recalling Soviet Union-type settings? Hey, update your brain here.



Ieva walked her first runway in 2008 and has steadily grown more popular each year, now gracing multiple Vogue, Elle and Marie Claire covers in her short career. And she's only 23 years old. :)

Vogue Greece October 2011
Elle Russia July 2012
Marie Claire Italy, Beauty edition January 2013
What else has she been up to in 2013/2014?

David Roemer for Evening Standard, June 2013
Kevyn Aucoin Fall/Winter 2013 
Gant Spring/Summer 2013
Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2014
Free People November 2013 Lookbook
Max März Weekend Spring/Summer 2013
London/Milan Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014
Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014
Carolina Herrera Fall 2014 RTW
Hervé Léger by Max Azria Fall 2014 RTW
Jason Wu Fall 2014 RTW
L'Officiel Thailand December 2013
Please Magazine Fall/Winter 2013
Crash Magazine (France) September 2013
Sure Magazine (Korea) June 2013

Marie Claire Italy May 2013
Marie Claire May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment