Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Well-nigh

well-nighadverbalmost: a task that is well-nigh impossible.

More home inspiration! Hooray!

I'm kinda picky in my grand old age so it's uncommon for me to find muses two days in a row. I think that's also saying something about my creative juices... I think I need to name "them" since they keep popping up in conversation.

I am not a very open person, but I'm going to share some facts about me that you may not know. I live in Panamá, in a beautiful breezy mountainous region. Some describe it as paradise. I just say it's home.

My home is a rented house of which I inhabit one bedroom and the other bedroom is currently unoccupied. Don't read too much into that... I'm like 60% single. Can you put a percentage on relationship status? Welp I just did.

The walls are BARE white. The tile floor is off-white. The ceiling is white. It is painful.

At the least the wood in the house is dark, including the wood supporting the couch and the doors of the house. Otherwise, I would truly be going insane.

So needless to say, this house has a loooong way to go to meet my standards of a comfortable and attractive residence. But hey, we're making our way step by step (aka. pay check by pay check).

My stimulation today came from Sword and Fern. Basically this is a shop (now turned online!) where a hand full of very talented artists from all over the U.S. sell and showcase their work. The shop is based in Portland, Oregon (Portlandia anyone?). God I want to live in Portland.

Going back to my house, I have been thinking about creative ways to liven up the walls without just putting up canvas after painting after picture. I LOVE LOVE LOVE times a million these hanging wall ceramic art pieces from Heather Levine. They are the perfect mix of delicate and intricate and interesting and unique. Just what I was looking for!








1 comment:

  1. Fun and interesting photos! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete